ROP Construction Technology
Marin Builders Association helped to create the Regional Occupational Program Construction Technology Class. Our partnership with Marin County Office of Education to support this program continues as strong as ever after nearly three decades.
What students say about the ROP Construction Technology class -
"This class has been an awesome experience. I have learned so much in such a short period of time and it's been pretty empowering"
"I am far more prepared to work in construction than I would have been and it teaches you skills that translate into a work environment for construction."
"The class was an extremely practical experience that has better prepared me for any construction related career path."
"The class made me more interested and more knowledgeable about construction."
The Regional Occupational Program offers a Construction Technology class for both students and adults. Some of the valuable skills obtained in this class include:
- Green Building practices
- Job Safety and Job Site requirements
- Tool Safety
- Introduction to Tools
- Hands on experience with Tools: Skil Saw, Power Drill, Hammer, Measuring Tape, etc.
- Test regarding the Skil Saw and all of the moving parts on the saw
- Importance of working as a team to get the job done
- Introduction to Building a pair of saw horses; reading a plan, actual building of saw horses
- Test of the vocabulary used in the industry
- Preparing for the building of the tool sheds
- Reading a diagram/drawing for building the frame for the floor of the shed, building the frame
- Electrical and Plumbing
- Windows, Doors, and Framing
- Blueprint Reading
- Building wisdom from local professional General Contractors
- Resume preparation, writing and interview coaching
- Completing the building of a Tool Shed – from the ground up
For more information about the program and how you can be part of ROP, contact Tom Eller at firstname.lastname@example.org