VOCATIONAL CONSTRUCTION INSTRUCTORS - NoncreditSeptember 29, 2021Immediate Opening for:
FALL SEMESTER 2021
VOCATIONAL CONSTRUCTION INSTRUCTORS - NoncreditCollege of Marin seeks dynamic, motivated, and equity-centered instructors to teach one or both of the following Vocational Construction classes during the Fall 2021 semester. Applicants with a demonstrated commitment to teaching and mentoring a diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
Final determination of Construction Instructor assignments is contingent upon enrollment, funding, and class availability. Assignment may include evening, weekend, online or hybrid and/or off-campus responsibilities. Faculty may be required to conduct classes in a virtual learning environment using Canvas or other methods of remote learning.
CONSTRUCTION FUNDAMENTALS (VOCC-100) – Indian Valley Campus (Novato, CA)
This course surveys materials, tools and techniques used in the construction of diverse applications, focusing on a variety of wooden structures in various settings.
- TBD October– 12/11/21; final exam date 12/14/21
- Tuesdays (Class): 7:10pm – 9:10pm; and
- Saturdays (Lab): 8:40am – 4:30 pm
- TBD October – 12/11/21; final exam date 12/15/21
- Thursdays (Class): 7:10pm – 9:10pm; and
- Sundays (Lab): 8:40 am – 4:30pm
College of Marin strives to embrace diversity in all forms; it strives to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened and productive environment and demonstrates sensitivity to and respect for a diverse population.
- Any Bachelor’s degree and two years of occupational experience related to the course taught; or
- Any Associate’s degree and six years of occupational experience related to the course taught; and
- Demonstrated sensitivity to, and an understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a construction-related field.
- Firsthand knowledge of the construction process and proven experience in the construction industry.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate partnerships with related program industry personnel and advisory committee members.
- Bilingual ability to communicate effectively in English/Spanish or any other foreign language.
NONCREDIT COMPENSATION FORMULA
Part-time, noncredit instructors are compensated at 80% of the full-time equivalent. Using the United Professors of Marin (UPM/AFT) credit salary schedule:
First determine credit salary step and column from salary schedule. Then Annual Salary x number of units, divided by 30 units, x 80% = Semester Payment. Semester Payment divided by number of pay periods = Monthly Salary.
Example: An instructor who holds a bachelor’s degree, with two years’ teaching experience would most likely be placed at Column 1, Step 2 of salary schedule = $66,393. If the instructor is to teach 2.38 units, $66,393 x 2.38 = $158,015.34. $158,015.34 ÷ 30 units = $5,267.18. $5,267.18 x 80% = $4,213.74/semester. If the instructor starts teaching in October, the semester payment would be divided into three equal payments of $1,404.58.
Prior to employment, the successful candidate must successfully pass a fingerprint (criminal background check) and tuberculin clearance.
Please submit resume, all college transcripts, and any licensure/certification to the following. Type “VOCC Instructor Submission” in the subject line:
Dean of Workforce Development & Career Education
Only applicants selected to interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. EOE
Contact:Alina Varona, Dean of Workforce Development & Career Educationarvarona@marin.edu
Stay up-to-date on timely news, events, happenings, and more.