Safety & Training Short: Landscape Equipment - BlowersJune 08, 2020Proper instruction & information is critical:
Do not use any gasoline-powered blower without proper instruction. Employees must be properly trained to operate this equipment safely. Proper training must include a review of the operator’s manual as well as a skills evaluation to assure that you understand the features of this piece of equipment and can use it safely.
Many hazards are involved when using a gasoline-powered blower including the following:
- Exposing the public to noise and flying debris.
- Property damage caused by flying debris.
- Foreign objects in the eyes (dirt, debris, or other particles).
- Slopes, uneven, or unstable ground that could potentially result in slips, trips, or falls.
- Diverted attention—watching what you are blowing, not where you are walking.
Click here to download the complete training short in Spanish
Safety & Training Shorts provided by George Petersen Insurance Agency, the proud broker of the Marin Builders Association Workers' Comp Program. We save Marin Builders members an average of 15%, click here to get a free competitive quote.
Contact:Jared Goble, Loss Control(707) 360-4335
Stay up-to-date on timely news, events, happenings, and more.