Courtesy Notice About Traffic Detours in Mill ValleyJune 13, 2017Miller Avenue Streetscape ProjectWith concrete improvements (new sidewalks, curbs, and gutters) quickly wrapping up, we are moving into pre-paving work along Miller Avenue. One of the first items of work is removal of old concrete under the roadway in the Parkway section of Miller Ave (Millwood Ave to Reed/Valley Circle).
DETOURS – DRIVEWAY CLOSURES - DELAYS
Concrete Removal on Miller Avenue Set to Begin
All dates are subject to change.
- Please park outside of the work area to ensure access to your vehicle.
- June 12-June 13: During the first two days (1 day in each direction), while the work crews conduct grinding operations, please expect temporary closure of driveways and side streets for up to 15 minutes throughout the day.
- June 13-June 26: During the next ten days (5 days in each direction), while the work crews conduct concrete removal and temporary paving, please expect closed driveways and side streets for most of the day(s) that work crews are in front of those areas. We are requesting of anyone who needs to use their vehicles during the day, or have clients/visitors entering the area to please advise them of the following roadway and driveway closures.
- Inbound Roadway and Driveway Closures:
- When: Tuesday, June 13 through Friday, June 16 and Monday, June 19
- Where: Inbound between Willow Street and Millwood with detours and closures modified daily based on area of work, 7:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- Details: Concrete removal will start at Willow Street on Tuesday, June 13. Traffic will be detoured based on the area of work and detour capabilities. Work will progress inbound toward Millwood Street which is expected to be completed Monday, June 19.
- Outbound Roadway and Driveway Closures:
- When: Tuesday, June 20-Friday, June 23 and Monday, June 26
- Where: Outbound between Millwood and Willow with detours and closures modified daily based on area of work, 7:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- Details: Concrete removal will start at Millwood Street on Tuesday, June 20. Traffic will be detoured based on the area of work and detour capabilities. Work will progress outbound toward Willow Street which is expected to be completed Monday, June 26.
Additional Work Zone Info:
- You will see temporary gravel placed in the shoulders.
- You will see detours around the work that will shift daily.
- Please obey all signs and flaggers.
- Please proceed slowly and with caution through the work zone.
- Pedestrian access will continue to be accommodated during the work.
Please Note: Detailed schedule updates related to roadway and driveway closures will be sent via e-mail notifications as construction proceeds.Contact:Linn Walsh , Assistant to the City Manager415-388-4863
Stay up-to-date on timely news, events, happenings, and more.