• Capitol Connection Q&A 1140

    • Share:
    September 05, 2019

    By Shauna Krause, President, Capitol Services, Inc.


    Yes, you can’t have it both ways. Or can you? A contractor is having some ‘separation’ anxiety with his RME, while another’s hopeful ambition to ‘raise the roof’ falls flat…

    A: Business names have been a hot topic with regards to contractors lately.The CSLB has really been enforcing B&P Code 7059.1 which addresses business names being compatible with the trade they are applying for.Therefore, “vague” business names, or names that imply you are doing something you aren’t licensed for yet (Solar) will cause them to reject it.My recommendation would be to come up with a ‘doing business as’ (dba) that is compatible with the initial “C-4” license you are obtaining. Then once issued you apply to add the “C-46” classification and then you can amend the ‘dba’ name to accommodate both classifications.
    Because you’ve never been qualified for a Contractor’s license in CA, each classification will require a separate application. So, you’ll need to wait for the “C-4” license to be issued, and then apply to add the “C-46”.
    Contractor’s Note: We have a new mailing address below to update your contact files! 

    While knowledge is power, knowing where to go for the answers is half the battle. Get expert assistance immediately when you call 866-443-0657, email info@cutredtape.com, or write us at Capitol Services, Inc., 3609 Bradshaw Rd, Ste H, #343, Sacramento, CA 95827. Research past columns at www.cutredtape.com.

    Shauna Krause, President, Capitol Services, Inc.
  • Upcoming Events

  • Newsletter Sign-Up

    Stay up-to-date on timely news, events, happenings, and more.

/*--to color bullets--*/