Part time to start, potential to grow into full time position
Compensation: $19 - $22 / hour
The Lumberyard and Materials Specialist primarily processes incoming materials by cleaning, organizing, loading and unloading building materials in the yard and warehouse. Maintains a safe and clean work environment.
- Work with deconstruction crew and customers to unload/load materials.
- Check off incoming/outgoing inventory with help from decon crew and sales staff if available.
- Process inventory by cleaning, reassembling, measuring and marking sizes, and organizing.
- Stock incoming materials; store material safely to prevent damage.
- Rotates stock to maintain product quality – retail ready.
- Operates and maintains the forklift and various power tools.
Examples of Job Duties:
- Identifies different building materials and wood products.
- Observe & Keep all yard and warehouse areas clean, neat, safe, and secure.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work station.
- Maintain a happy work environment with sales and deconstruction teams.
- Coordinate with the Store Manager each shift to prioritize tasks.
- Is physically strong and knows proper lifting techniques.
- Has an upbeat, positive attitude and is always willing to move current inventory around as more inventory comes in.
We are a mission based company with a primary goal to reclaim materials and reduce landfill waste, so a passion for preserving our environment is a plus!
Required Experience: Must have general knowledge of building materials such as lumber, hardware, doors, & windows. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Must have good customer service skills and self motivation along with being a happy individual and ability to multitask between merchandising products and assisting customers when needed.
Forklift experience / certification preferred but training is available.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com