New Avenue, a national design/build alliance of 100+ architects and contractors is looking for a General Contractor to run all of our Marin projects.
We provide custom design/build services to our clients with a focus on transformational remodels, new homes, tear-downs of dated or lower quality homes, and the addition of accessory dwellings (ADUs) to existing homes.
You will be an independent General Contractor who runs your own business as part of our larger network. Our office team manages marketing, sales, client vetting, contracts, collections and payments. We will look to you to run everything in the field as you build 3-5 projects per year. We have many more projects than that as well.
You'll need your own license, insurance, subs and team. We'd like to discuss your experience with projects that have $100,000+ budgets.
We have projects in most cities around the Bay Area. Current projects are in San Francisco, Burlingame, Menlo Park, San Jose, San Mateo, Hayward, Oakland, Berkeley, Piedmont, Albany, El Cerrito, Richmond, Fairfax, San Rafael, Mill Valley, Ross, Belvedere, Lafayette, Orinda, Walnut Creek, Pleasant Hill and others nearby.
We have successful relationships with contractors who have a wide variety of experience:
- A foreman who was earning $70,000 to run a $10,000,000 custom build got his license, quit his previous job and joined us. He now does $2,000,000 per year in work in his own business.
- A GC with 30+ years experience who was tired of selling and now bids and builds $1,500,000 per year with us.
- A father/son business founded over 50 years ago.
- A GC with 15 years experience and who moved to Oakland and is just starting his design/build practice.
- A boat builder outside Portland who expanded into home building
- A big family business with 15+ people working in construction in Redwood City