Alten Construction Inc., a Bay Area based General Contractor is seeking a Project Engineer for public works projects emphasis on school DSA projects in the $3 million to $50 million range. The Project Engineer is responsible for assisting the Project Manager, Superintendent and team members in the planning, coordinating, and administration of the project to ensure the work is completed on time and within budget, while adhering to Alten’s quality standards.
We are a well-established Public Works General Construction Company founded in 1995. We are known for our high standards of quality and professionalism. We strive to maintain an extremely positive and enjoyable working environment throughout the company. We are looking to add a qualified, knowledgeable and positive individual who has progressive thinking and an open-minded approach to problem solving. Medical and dental insurance, Flex-able Spending & Dependent Care accounts, 401k match program, personal time off and retirement plan are available after probation period.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate job site set up and develop site logistics plan
- Review field inspection reports and communicate deficiencies to supervisor
- Responsible for record drawings, as-builts
- Create and maintain document control logs to track documents
- Write, distribute, coordinate and track RFI’s
- Review all trade specific RFI’s for potential, cost and/or schedule impact
- Develop and update project schedule with Project Manager and Superintendent
- Track weekly trade performance against project schedule, review delay log to ensure trade delays have been incorporated into schedule and provide team update
- Review specs, identify all required submittals, and prepare submittal schedule
- Communicate scope changes
- Track and enter timecard information into Procore
- Understanding of different contracts and purchase orders; provisions, terms, language, insurance requirements and claim resolutions and warranty
- Responsible coordinating any project sustainability requirements (LEED, CHPS, etc.)
- Promote safety during the performance of all daily project responsibilities
- Track and perform jobsite safety meetings, participate in safety meetings, present safety topics, maintain attendance log and binder.
- Perform daily jobsite inspections for compliance with safety standards
- Maintain project progress photographs
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Working knowledge of contract formats; draft, and issue change order(s) scope to subcontractors with oversight by APM or PM prior to issuance
- Basic knowledge and understanding of surveying, scheduling, drawings, and construction sequencing.
- Advanced computer skills with the ability to use MS Office with proficiency (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Desire to learn, grow, and pursue continuous improvement
- High degree of integrity and social responsibility while representing the company
- Ability to collaborate with the team, manage multiple tasks, and meet tight deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Demonstrate good time management skills.
- Create strong morale with the team while working to achieve a common goal.
- Develop good business judgment in a manner consistent with the company’s ideals.
- Ability to adapt behavior to meet the needs of the project and ensure project success.
- Provide value to each project through innovation and attention to detail.
- Display an ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written
Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Architecture; or Construction Management Certificate from an accredited university.
Minimum two years as an Assistant Project Engineer, or relevant construction experience
LEED GA preferred
Must live in the Bay Area.
Valid Driver’s License
To apply for this position, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, including a project list and include the title of the position in the subject line. Please visit our website (www.altenconstruction.com) to learn more about Alten Construction Inc.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
No phone calls please