Earthwise Energy is a well-established, Marin based Solar and Energy Storage company. We are hiring a Solar & Energy Storage Technician to round out our stellar team of solar construction professionals and support our continued growth.
As a family owned and operated Solar Company built on a reputation for providing the highest quality customer experience and solar and energy storage system installation we are not hiring “another technician.” Our team functions like a family – like a well-oiled family with a shared goal of providing our clients with the best contractor experience they’ve had. We build relationships with our clients as we do with our internal team. We want to bring aboard an experienced Senior Technician who wants to be an integral part of our company's long-term growth, and benefit from that!
Under general supervision of the President and Operations Manager, the Solar Technician will “own” the management of our fleet of solar and energy storage systems.
He/She will be responsible for conducting site inspections for newly sold projects, submitting system construction reports to our design/engineering team, plan review, commissioning, programming, and maintaining our fleet of solar and energy storage systems. He/she will sit for AJH fire/building final inspections, assist with material take offs and equipment ordering for jobs to be built, and provide assistance as needed throughout the design/build process. He/she is a solar veteran, a self-starter, and will accomplish requested tasks quickly and without much supervision. He/she will have strong knowledge of equipment used and work required in the Solar and Energy Storage Industry. He/she will set a positive example for the crew they are managing by proactively helping overall company operations as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for pre-construction site assessments: measuring and drawing array layouts, conduit/wiring plans, and sending resultant reports to the design/engineering team. You must be experienced and comfortable working on ladders and roofs as well as working with live electrical equipment.
- Responsible for working with design team to ensure accurate and complete plan sets.
- Responsible for the programming and commissioning of newly constructed solar and energy storage systems, registering equipment through manufacturer apps and protocol and documenting process.
- Responsible for daily online monitoring of our fleet of solar systems to ensure uptime continuity.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving residential solar service and warranty issues that arise from modules, inverters, monitoring, storage and balance of system components with a focus on safety, quality, and customer experience. This includes telephone troubleshooting with manufacturer service technicians.
- Completing Field Service Requests and submit documentation.
- Responsible for investigating, mitigating, and repairing reported roof leaks.
- Responsible for sitting for fire and AHJ building inspections and managing documentation.
- Responsible for supporting tasks and initiatives as directed by operations leadership.
- Maintaining ability to work with smart devices, gather and input information, and upload into system.
- Minimum 2 years of Solar Technician and Installation experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with basic computer software and apps.
- Vast experience Installing, commissioning, and programming Solar and Energy Storage Systems electrical systems
- Knowledge and ability to use all necessary industry hand and electrical tools.
- AC/DC Power Conversion and Control experience.
- Knowledge of Electrical Theory and Codes.
- History of contributing to a culture of continuous improvement by teaching and training less skilled members of the crew.
- Experience maintaining flexibility to pivot between projects and assist other crew members as needed.
- Experience working within schedules, technical specs, and drawings for job completion.
- Ability to innovate and improve processes and operations, and solve complex problems.
- Desire to “own” your responsibilities and thrive in a team environment.
- Maintaining good working relationship with all employees, cooperating contractors, clients and vendors. You are representing our brand and your demeanor reflects on our reputation within the community.
- Capable of working on your feet for 8-hour shifts and OT as required.
- Capable motor skills and dexterity to perform the tasks required of the position.
- Capable of climbing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling, grasping, and performing repetitive motions.
- Capable of climbing ladders of varying heights.
- Capable of lifting moderate to heavy objects up to 70 lbs.
- Having Valid State issued driver’s license and use of vehicle to arrive at work sites on time.
- NABCEP Certification.
- 2+ years Solar and Energy Storage Installation experience.
- Experience maintaining and servicing solar monitoring systems (i.e. SMA, SolarEdge, Locus, Enphase, and other various remote monitoring solutions).
- Experience maintaining and servicing solar inverters/micro-inverters (i.e. SMA, SolarEdge, Enphase, Fronius, etc…).
Job Type: Full-time, Hourly
Pay: $26.00 - $36.00 per hour based on experience.
- Plus, performance Based Bonuses.
- Profit Sharing or Stock Options negotiable for the right candidate.
Supplemental pay types: Bonus pay
Experience: Construction: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road
To apply: email firstname.lastname@example.org