National Design Director at New Avenue Inc.
New Avenue Inc. is a national group of architects, designers and contractors who deliver the design/build experience people need to get more from home ownership. Our technology brings homeowners, design professionals, and contractors together in a transparent way so everyone wins.
New Avenue is accepting applications for the position of National Design Director.
The National Design Director will manage the design business that will design and permit all work that follows an initial $300 design session.
- Act as the CEO of the design side of New Avenue.
- Work directly with New Avenue’s founder and financing team to raise money to buy SFHs and add one or two ADUs using a combination of modular and custom building processes. We'll collaborate on all aspects of design and building methods.
- Participate in presentations, meetings, and calls with investors. Pitch the national platform and vision for the company.
- Build a culture of professionalism, data-driven planning, good communication, and ownership among the design employees.
- Rebuild the design side of the New Avenue team by evaluating, re-training, and replacing designer subcontractors as necessary.
- Empower design staff to assert their value and get paid well for doing so. Assist them, as they become licensed, to grow teams of their own employees who can do $400,000 to $600,000 in design work. (See our current architect information at https://www.newavenuehomes.com/jobs/ and revise that information as part of this goal.)
- Develop a high-performance home standard that includes an emphasis on location, diverse types of utilization including ADUs, passive house inspired construction, and net zero standards. Encourage these standards in all designs.
- Create a standard for modernizing SFHs with both better design and construction standards as well as a better duplex/triplex model of use. (Think along the lines of LEED or passive, but we will develop a new name for what we are doing.)
- Build a library of details (including process standards, historical data, and other useful information) to be shared across the firm.
- Establish a standard suite of technology for design professionals to use when providing services to clients.
The compensation target is $200,000. The position pays a $100,000 base, with the other half coming from stock and profit sharing.
The resources that the company will provide include:
- At least 10 new projects per month (likely 20 or more). Clients pay $300 for an initial design meeting. A good hire rate following the first meeting is 75%. We have seen a range of 10% to 100% hire rates, with the rate depending on the design professional’s individual performance. With a good team, we’ll be able to get the 75%. Our clients spend an average of $300,000 each.
- A contractor who is an employee here can handle sales as needed.
- A financial controller.
- A CTO who developed the New Avenue app and will continue to develop features and products.
- The software for all contracts, invoicing, and collections.
- All plans and budgets from 650 past projects, including 200+ built projects.
- A group of subcontractors who will estimate, bid and build anything.
To apply, email your resume to Kevin Casey at email@example.com