Alten Construction Inc., a Bay Area based General Contractor is seeking a Superintendent for public works projects with an emphasis on school DSA projects in the $3 million to $50 million range. The Project Superintendent is responsible for planning, coordination, and administration of the on-site activities to ensure the work is completed on time, within budget, and adheres to Alten’s quality standards.
We are a well-established Public Works General Construction Company founded in 1995. We are known for our high standards of quality and professionalism. We strive to maintain an extremely positive and enjoyable working environment throughout the company. We are looking to add a qualified, knowledgeable and positive individual who has progressive thinking and an open-minded approach to problem solving. Medical and dental insurance, Flex-able Spending & Dependent Care accounts, 401k match program, personal time off and retirement plan are available after probation period.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs the workflow consistent with the project schedule, communicates project priorities to field staff and subcontractors, maintains daily reports and time sheets of all activities and site conditions, and manages the punch list and closeout process through owner/architect acceptance
- Works with project manager in formulating project schedule, ensures that the proper methods and sequence of installation are followed. Makes and follows through with schedule commitments and maintains the company's quality standards.
- Maintains good working relationship with all subcontractors on the project, develops relationships within the community, which enhance business opportunities, and ensures subcontractors preform efficiently. Measures the performance of the subcontractors’ and implements strategies and safety protocol to eliminate claims and injuries.
- Ensures complete, accurate daily documentation of work orders, understands subcontractor scope of work to avoid unnecessary change orders, identifies problems early and acts immediately to provide solutions.
- Develops and organizes the field team, arranges for temporary facilities/utilities for the site, and identifies long lead items that need to be expedited to meet the project schedule.
- Understands and administers the company's safety program and IIPP procedures which includes all in-house labor and/or subcontractors, ensures that all accidents/incidents are promptly reported and investigated, and assists in safety inspections which are done by the company Safety Manager.
- Minimum of 10 years Public School experience, DSA experience, ADA experience, wood framing & concrete experience. RESIDENTIAL or PRIVATE COMMERCIAL DOES NOT QUALIFY
- Proficient at reading plans and specifications for all trades.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Microsoft Project,
- Familiar with Primavera and Expedition scheduling software.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize work assignments, and extreme attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills.
- Applicant must be experienced in project supervision of federal and state funded projects
- Applicant must be experienced in managing self-preformed work & scheduling
- Must be 30 Hour OSHA and First Aid Training certified.
- Must live in the Bay Area.
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License
- Must Pass LiveScan requirements.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
No phone calls please