Alten Construction Inc., a Bay Area based General Contractor is seeking a Project Manager for public works projects with an emphasis on school DSA projects in the $3 million to $50 million range. The Project Manager is responsible for planning, coordination, and administration of the off-site activities to ensure the work is completed on time, within budget, and adheres to Alten’s quality standards.
We are a well-established Public Works General Construction Company founded in 1995. We are known for our high standards of quality and professionalism. We strive to maintain an extremely positive and enjoyable working environment throughout the company. We are looking to add to our current team a very qualified, knowledgeable and positive individual who has progressive thinking and an open-minded approach to problem solving. Medical and dental insurance, personal time off and retirement plan are available after probation period.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage project cost and schedule and forecasts labor, material & equipment on a monthly basis
- Supervise all construction activities of assigned projects from start to finish.
- Develop a baseline schedule and maintaining the construction schedule throughout the project.
- Administrates all aspects of the subcontracting process
- Produce and submit the following documents accurately: RFI's, RFI Log, Change Orders
- Assist in reviewing shop-drawing submittals from subcontractors.
- Supervise superintendents, subcontractors, and vendors to ensure quality control and project compliance.
- Resolve problems as they arise from the plans and specifications, unknown existing conditions, conflicts, with Architects, Engineers, Designers, Subcontractors and/or Vendors.
- Effectively and efficiently manage the completion of all punch lists.
- Ensure that all construction work performed is of the highest quality.
- Research materials, means, and methods for projects.
- Develops business and client relationships
- Provides direction, oversees, and works effectively with Project Engineers and Project Coordinator.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a Project Management role on public works construction projects. RESIDENTIAL DOES NOT QUALIFY
- Provides leadership in training Superintendents and Field Crews on Alten Construction procedures, construction and safety methods.
- Working knowledge of all phases of construction and subcontractors.
- Prepares and updates Precon and Construction Master Schedules.
- Proficient at reading plans and specifications for all trades.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Microsoft Project, Primavera P6 and Procore.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize work assignments, and extreme attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills
- Must live in the Bay Area.
- Valid Driver’s License
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
No phone calls please