Rempe ConstructionPrimary Function:
Under the direction of the Project Manager, the Foreman is responsible for overall construction management on the job site, as well as being part of the labor force that completes work. This includes layout for all phases of construction, coordination of subcontractors and interior finish work. Ensures jobs are completed on time per the given schedule, on budget according to original scope and that all communications necessary in order to deliver on these goals are executed in a timely and professional manner.
- Coordinate Subs to complete work within a scheduled time
- Manage labor, daily tasks, production, discipline
- Coordinate supplies, tools, and equipment are on site when needed
- Meet overall job schedule
- Communicate with owner and / or designer regarding schedule and any upcoming changes
- Responsible for identifying changes in the scope of work and following change order process
- Complete daily reports, green sheets, collect time cards, tags, safety meetings and injury reports
Skills, Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Minimum 5-10 years of supervision experience within the residential and / or commercial construction and 15-20 overall years construction experience
- Experience in managing jobs according to a specific schedule – able to follow and use a Gantt chart, and job schedule.
- Ability to competently and accurately read and interpret blueprints and specifications
- Able to understand the scope of work and the requirements of the client
- Demonstrated ability to perform excellent workmanship
- Be familiar with OSHA regulations and UBC / CBC regulations.
- Have a valid driver’s license in good standing
- Must have strong problem solving and communication skills
- Must have a complete grasp of English language. Spanish is an asset
- Must have basic computer skills, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook
- Must have knowledge of other trades (electrical, plumbing, etc)
Hourly Rate based on Skills and Experience
Retirement, PTO and Health available