We are a well-established Fireplace and Hearth store looking to expand our installation team with a highly trained and experienced installer, specifically with knowledge of gas product.
We are located in Central San Rafael and serve mostly Marin, West Marin, Sonoma, and San Francisco.
It is important to us to have people join the team who are a good fit: have a positive attitude, are team players, and have great customer service skills.
The right candidate is someone with clear and established fireplace installation experience, familiarity with gas inserts and new construction fireplaces as well as some experience in wood installation, and who is proactive and interested in their own growth as well as that of the company.
Our specific product line covers Mendota, Valor, Town and Country, Jotul, Marquis, Solas, and a few more.
Essential requirements (do not apply if you don't have the relevant experience):
- Experience installing gas and wood fireplaces, inserts, and stoves.
- Nice to have but not essential: an NFI or similar certification in gas and/or wood and familiarity with most top gas brands on the market.
- Lifting up to ~120 lbs for a short duration, or larger weights with the assistance of another worker and/or with the use of lift equipment.
- Driving our van (you must have a valid CA DL and a clean record)
- Assisting with material moves into customer sites, with frequent standing, sitting, bending. Being comfortable with ladders for ceiling and roof work.
- Helping move stocking within the storage area.
- Working in all weather conditions.
- Must be professional and punctual with excellent leadership and customer service skills.
- In addition to installation, the position will include store and stock inventory management and maintaining a clean environment, at the client's, the store, and with the vehicles.
For the right candidate, the pay will be commensurate with experience. This position has a high and generous starting salary (experience, qualifications, and references will matter and will be discussed during the interview) and is bonus eligible. It will include rapid salary growth based on performance, quality of work, and attitude.
Company benefits include 100% paid medical for the employee, plus sick and vacation time.
This position is full-time Monday – Friday 7:00/7:30 a.m. to 3:30/4 on average.
To apply for the position:
- Please provide a letter that introduces who you are, what you believe are your unique qualities and introduces some of the things that you like to do (could be hobbies, something fun about yourself, your interests, travel, etc.) - something that allows us to get to know you.
- Please provide a resume. If there are interruptions or gaps in your resume, please explain.
- No application will be considered without a resume and an introduction letter.
We will contact you if you are a qualified applicant. Please do not call or show up at the store inquiring about the position.