Our company, a well-established, family-owned, construction company, is seeking a full-time Accounts Payable Administrator. The ideal candidate would be knowledgeable of general accepted accounting principles, have experience working in SAGE Paperless and is comfortable processing a high-volume of invoices.
Core job function:
- Ensure invoices are entered and coded appropriately for month end close
- Ensure timely approval and payment of invoices
- Process and prepare invoices with discounts on time
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Invoice scanning/classification into Accounting system
- Matching vendor invoices to tags and purchase orders
- Validate invoices for material, quantity, and pricing against tags/purchase orders
- Ensure proper invoice coding/cost allocation
- Research invoices that cannot be validated with a tag and PO
- Acquire Project Management approval for invoices when needed
- Vendor statement reconciliation and follow-up on discrepancies
- Review aging to prepare for checks runs
- Process check runs
- Process/apply/track credit card payments
- Handle vendor inquiries as needed
- Track/report on potential vendor account holds
- Provide as needed support to Project Teams (vendor/job recons, copies or invoices or tags)
- Work with team to meet AP invoice processing month-end close deadlines
- Finance mail processing
- Prepare as needed spreadsheets and reporting
Must have strong communication and computer skills (Excel: Pivot Tables and Charts/ Formulas, MSWord: Professional Documentation/ Proficient Writing Skills). Be extremely detail oriented, organized, consistent, accountable, able to prioritize, punctual/dependable, able to display common sense use of judgement.
Construction industry knowledge, degree in accounting/finance or 2 years related experience preferred.
Familiarity with Sage 300 CRE, Sage Paperless, and HCSS software a major plus.
This position is non-exempt. We offer competitive pay along with an extensive benefits package. Salary is DOE.
Email resumes to: email@example.com
GBI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, age, race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws.