Lead Finish Carpenter
Lamperti Contracting & Design has been providing Marin County with quality design, cabinetry, and construction services since 1965 and continues to be the premiere resource for cabinets, design services and contracting in Marin County.
Our contracting & design company is looking for an experienced Carpenter to join our team. We specialize in kitchens, bathrooms and high end custom cabinetry, as well as full remodels. The ideal candidate will be willing to travel to our San Rafael based showroom/warehouse and to job sites throughout Marin County. Most work is completed on site.
- Ability to Read and Interpret Construction Plans
- Install cabinets, millwork, and appliances
- Must have finish carpentry tools to perform as a journeyman
- Perform carpentry at the highest level with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to read, instruction manuals, product information and safety sheets
- Ability to solve practical problems dealing with several concrete variables
- Mathematical calculation of construction assemblies including stairs and roofs
- Fit and install windows, doors, interior and exterior trim, and finish hardware
- Build stairs and roofs
- Verify trueness of structure for plumb, level, and square
- Prepare accurate layout
- Prepares material lists and orders materials with support from Project Manager
- Schedules and manages subcontractors with support from Project Manager
- Construct concrete forms and install reinforcing
- Preparation of Materials List
- Strong commitment to job site safety and efficiency
- Complete command of rough and finish carpentry skills.
- Be flexible and willing to help with rough framing when needed
- Reliability and Professionalism essential
- Meticulous Attention to Detail
- Professional demeanor with clients & all employees
- English speaking (Bilingual a plus)
- Owns appropriate Transportation & Tools i.e., Truck or Utility Vehicle
Under the general supervision of Owner and Lead Carpenter/Foreman the incumbent will:
- Insure company and customer satisfaction through professional appearance, expert workmanship and polite communication.
- Install cabinets, sub tops, moldings, and casework.
- Layout, framing and supervising subs for their part in layout of their trade.
- Determine material needs and prioritize tasks to minimize production delays.
- Read and interpret plans, sketches, and shop drawings for milling and fabrication.
- Evaluate materials for defects.
- Follow all code requirements for all projects.
- Maintain and clean equipment and work area.
- May perform work of carpenter as assigned.
- May act as Lead Carpenter in absence of Lead Carpenter or Supervisor.
- Be responsible for the efficient and profitable use of the company’s time, manpower and materials on each project.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in finish carpentry
- Additional 3+ years’ experience in rough carpentry preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of shop practices and skill in using shop tools and equipment including but not limited to power tools, including skill saw, miter saw and jigsaw.
- Skilled in cabinet installation and finish work.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs.
- Must clearly communicate with clients.
- Proficient in reading blueprints and translating into fabricated products.
- Sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform related duties and responsibilities of this job, including heavy lifting up 80 pounds.
- Valid Driver’s License & Insurable
Compensation: Depends on experience / Competitive
- Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Multiple locations
- Marin County